Very good to everyone! Today I arrive with the classic hot Autumn dish that can never be missed: a stew of white beans with rice. Although I hated them as a child, ever since I prepared them in vegan version I love taking advantage of the cold of autumn winter to make warm and comforting spoon dishes.
Before starting with the explanation of the recipe, I want to tell you that thanks to the online store CONASI – a store of electrical appliances, household items and kitchen utensils –, I can also give you away the vitroceramic glass pot of 1, 6L that they have for sale on their website and with which you will see that I have made the recipe. Starting at 8:00 p.m. you can participate in the draw that we are doing on Instagram by clicking here.
200 g white beans
1/2 cup long rice
1 red pepper
3 garlic cloves
1 liter of vegetable stock (or 1 liter of water + vegetable stock cube)
Two bay leaves
Olive oil< br> Salt
Step by step
- The first thing we have to do is soak the vegetables for between 8 and 12 hours, that is, the night before. Simply put them in a container and cover them with plenty of water.
- The next morning, we change the water and continue soaking for 8-12 hours.
- To start, we peel and slice the 3 garlic cloves.
- Put them in the pot with hot olive oil, and brown them.
- When they are toasted, add the chopped onion. Sauté it for 5 minutes and then add the red pepper cut into medium-sized pieces.
- Continue sautéing for 5 more minutes and add the sliced carrot and the large diced potato.
- Let sauté for 5 more minutes, with a splash of olive oil, oiling the pot again, if necessary.
- Let’s go to start cooking. Add the 2 bay leaves, the white beans without the soaking water and stir.
- Cover everything with plenty of broth (or plenty of water + vegetable stock cube) and add a pinch of salt and two dashes of saffron.
- Let cook for 1 hour, gently boiling, with the heat at a minimum, until the beans are tender. It may take longer, depending on the type of legume.
- When the beans are tender, add 1/2 cup of long-grain rice. Stir and let cook over low heat.
- With the rice already tender, turn off the heat and serve hot.