This drink is out of this world! I’m not a huge fan of lemonades, but this recipe is to die for and only requires 4 ingredients: watermelon, mint, lemon, and your favorite sweetener (plus water and ice).
The mint and sugar give it a touch that reminds me of a non-alcoholic mojito and if you want to make it without sweeteners, you can add more watermelon or less lemon juice to make it less acidic. Watermelon and mint make a perfect match, but if you don’t like watermelon or it’s out of season, you can use any other fruit such as strawberries, raspberries, peaches, etc.
- 1/4 de sandía (650 g ó 23 oz)
- 10 hojas de menta
- 4 limones
- 1/2 taza de agua (125 ml)
- 4 cucharadas de azúcar de coco
- Slice the watermelon and place it in a blender along with mint leaves. Blend for a few seconds until both ingredients are well combined.
- Juice the 4 lemons.
- In a pitcher or container add the watermelon and mint mixture, lemon juice, water and sugar. Stir with the help of a spoon.
- We like to drink fresh lemonade to get the most nutrients, but we add ice to keep it fresh. li>
- These ingredients make a liter of lemonade (4 cups).