Very good to all! Today I bring you a very easy pasta dish, designed for beginner cooks. I’m talking about this Vegetarian pasta with broccoli and pea sauce, accompanied by sautéed mushrooms.
It’s a healthy combination, the sauce and stir fry is entirely vegetable based. The sauce is made up of broccoli and peas cooked with a touch of garlic, olive oil and salt. Very simple, accessible and easy. They do not contain cream or any other creamy base, because the texture and creaminess is provided by the vegetables themselves.
250 gr of wholemeal macaroni
5 shiitake mushrooms
1/2 head of broccoli
300g frozen peas
1/3 medium zucchini
Step by step
- While cooking the frozen broccoli and peas in plenty of boiling water, in a separate pan, sauté with a splash of oil of olive 2 sliced garlic cloves and finely chopped onion.
- When lightly poached, add the sliced leek, the sliced shiitake mushrooms and the courgette in strips.
- Sauté until golden brown and add a handful of the peas we had reserved. Sauté until ready.
- When ready, set aside.
- When the broccoli is cooked, remove the ingredients and cook the macaroni in plenty of boiling water.
- Place the broccoli together with the peas, 1 raw garlic, a pinch of salt, a generous splash of olive oil and another splash of water in a blender .
- Crush and add more water and another splash of oil depending on whether you want a creamier or denser sauce. That’s totally up to taste 🙂
- We mix the cooked macaroni with the sauté and the sauce… And ready to enjoy!