Very good to all! Today I come back with an easy and accessible recipe, which we have also prepared many times at home. I’m talking about these Vegetarian medallions of chickpeas and oats, spiced and battered. They’re so easy to make that it’s a perfectly beginner-friendly recipe.
200 grams of cooked chickpeas
1 cup of soft flaked oats
1 and 1/2 cups of oatmeal (you can get it by grinding oats)
1 spring onion
2 garlic cloves
A splash of vegetable broth
Lime or lemon
Step by step
- Finely chop the onion and the two garlic cloves and fry them in a pan with olive oil.
- When they are golden, we turn them into a bowl and add the cooked chickpeas, a pinch of salt, plenty of black pepper, basil, a piece of chopped coriander, 1 small teaspoon of sweet paprika and a squeeze of lime. Mix well.
- Add a cup of oatmeal flakes and a splash of vegetable broth.
- Mix and blend with a hand blender until you get a homogeneous and creamy texture.
- Add ¾ cup of oatmeal and mix again, until the dough has thickened and is easily manageable.
- Pour the rest of the oatmeal into a deep plate and set aside.< /li>
- We take a portion of dough, roll it up and shape it into a medallion. You can make it as thin or as thick as you like.
- Roll in the oatmeal and set aside on a clean plate.
- Repeat the process until you finish using all the dough.
- In a frying pan, heat a long splash of olive oil and, once hot, brown the medallions on both sides.
- When they are well done, serve hot. Remember that leftover medallions can be kept in the freezer 🙂