Good morning and Happy San Jordi everyone! This week I have been a little late with the publication of the recipe, but it is for a very good reason. As you know, I am a regular contributor to Slowly Veggie, and I have been working hard on the recipes that will be published in the next issue of the magazine.
As you can see, this week’s recipe follows the line of the last recipe a bit, a simple starter, which is made practically by itself (because, although it takes some time, it is actually the time it spends in the oven, so it doesn’t require too much work). This time I bring you some vegetable toast without bread, whose base is pumpkin.
6 Slices of Pumpkin
2 handfuls of mushrooms
For the yogurt and coriander sauce
1 soy yogurt without sugar
1 garlic< br> A squeeze of lemon
A bit of fresh coriander
A pinch of salt
A splash of olive oil
*We will need parchment paper
Step by step
- We will start by preparing the base of our vegetable toasts. To do this, we cut the pumpkin into slices approximately 1 centimeter thick. We can remove the skin or leave it and remove it after baking.
- Place the slices on the baking tray, with baking paper, and spice them with plenty of black pepper, rosemary, onion powder and garlic powder .
- Grease with a little olive oil and bake at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until they start to be tender.
- Meanwhile, cut the onion very finely, sliced the mushrooms and halved the cherry tomatoes. We reserve.
- Now it’s time to prepare the vegan yogurt sauce. To do this, mix all the ingredients for the yogurt and cilantro sauce in a bowl and mix.
- Remove the pumpkins from the oven and, without turning off the oven, add the rest of the vegetables on top. If necessary, you can add another splash of olive oil.
- Put it back in the oven and bake until the mushrooms and onion are golden brown.
- Serve the vegetable toasts hot and with a splash of yogurt sauce on top!