Today I bring you something new! Yesterday I was experimenting with the Jackfruit, the largest fruit in the world, which for a few months has invaded the Internet thanks to the impressive results that can be achieved very easily with it. This is not a local fruit.
On most occasions I have seen the use of the Jackfruit as an alternative to tofu, seitan… and the best-known meat substitutes, and I must admit that it gives very good results! Its texture is juicy and when crumbling it, it breaks into filaments that at first glance have a certain resemblance to chicken or tuna.
For the Jackfruit burger:
1 can of 400 gr. of Jackfruit
For the simplified Guacamole:
Step by step
- Open the can of Jackfruit and drain the liquid. Place the Jackfruit in a deep plate and gently dry it with a clean cloth.
- Using a fork, break up the Jackfruit until the filaments are separated. Optional: I removed the base of the Jackfruit that does not fall apart, which remains as a small block, but you can leave it without any problem.
- Now we season the Jackfruit with the previous spices. The quantities that I am going to put are a minimum that I recommend, but I later seasoned something else. I recommend you try it a little until it is to your liking.
We spice with: 2 teaspoons of sweet paprika, 1 teaspoon of hot paprika, 1 point of cumin, 1 long splash of soy sauce, 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of curry.
- Let it rest and continue.
- First of all, we will cut the hamburger bun in half and we will toast it on all sides in a frying pan, without olive oil, keeping the fire at low power, until the bread browns and browns. not a bit crispy. Reserve.
- Finally chop the garlic and onion. Grease a frying pan with olive oil and sauté the garlic. When golden, add the onion and sauté until golden.
- When it’s ready, remove a small portion of the onion and garlic and set it aside (it will decorate the Jackfruit burger on top).
- Sauté for 5 minutes and add another splash of soy sauce.
- Sauté 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, we prepare the guacamole. Mash the avocado in a bowl. We add 1/4 of a very finely chopped onion, the tomato cut into small cubes and a pinch of salt. Mix very, very well.
- Place guacamole on the bottoms of the two buns and add the sautéed Jackfruit on top.
- To finish, we place the onion that we had previously removed, decorating the upper part. We close with the bread.
- Now comes something optional but recommended: to give the final touch to the hamburger, I put it whole for 5 minutes in the hot oven, turned on at 180 degrees. In this way the bread becomes super crispy and toasty, and the result is amazing. Highly recommended.
< li>On the other hand, we add the jackfruit to the pan that contains the rest of the onion and garlic. Grease with a little olive oil if necessary.