We prepare many woks in our day to day because we really like Asian food and because they are very nutritious, simple and delicious dishes. We have already shared several recipes on the blog like this whole-grain rice and vegetables wok a>, this chickpea wok, this tofu wok with rice and vegetables or this gluten-free wok noodles and vegetables, but we eat quinoa often and the other day I realized that we hadn’t made any with quinoa for you, so we got down to work and here you have this delicious vegetable and quinoa wok.
Preparing a wok is very simple, you only have to cook the vegetables, you can do it steamed, boiled or sautéed or a combination of both. I usually steam them first or cook them and then sauté them, so I don’t have to use as much oil. On the other hand, you have to cook the complement to your vegetables (cereals, legumes, tofu, whatever you want) and sauté everything in a pan with your favorite sauce or spices.
- 1 taza de quinoa (200 g)
- 1/2 cebolla
- 1/2 pimiento rojo
- 1 taza de lombarda (70 g)
- 1 zanahoria
- 1/2 cabeza de brócoli
- 2 cucharadas de aceite de oliva virgen extra
- 4 dientes de ajo
- 1/4 cucharadita de cayena en polvo
- 1/2 cucharadita de jengibre en polvo
- 1 cucharada de tamari o salsa de soja
- 1 cucharada de panela molida o azúcar moreno o de coco
- Semillas de sésamo
- We cook the quinoa following the instructions on the package . You can see how we prepare it in this entry.
- Cut the onion, pepper, red cabbage and carrot into julienne strips.
- Cut the head of broccoli into smaller pieces using only the flowers and discarding the stem.
- Steam the vegetables or cook them in plenty of boiling water for a couple of minutes so that they cook slightly, but are still crisp. Strain and reserve.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil and brown the chopped garlic cloves for a couple of minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add the cayenne pepper and vegetables and brown them for another couple of minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add quinoa and the rest of the ingredients (except the sesame seeds) and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with sesame seeds on top (optional).< /li>
- We can store it in the fridge in an airtight container for about 5 days.