With these loin books we join for the second time the challenge Veganize the Chef, a monthly vegan event. Last month we explained what it consisted of, so if you want to know more you can go through our recipe for mango bud clips and you will find the information there.
Here you can see the original recipe, from Txaber Allué, better known as The Faithful Cook. We have been especially excited to veganize this recipe because Txaber was the first gastronomic blogger that we followed and from whom we have made the most recipes.
- 2 filetes de seitán
- 2 rodajas de quefu
- 4 tomates secos
- 4 dientes de ajo
- 1 tomate
- Aceite de oliva virgen extra
- Harina integral, cerveza y pan rallado (para el rebozado)
- Sal, pimienta negra y orégano al gusto
- Take the seitan and break it down the half as if we were going to make two fillets but without cutting it completely, so it will look like a little book.
- Place a slice of quefu and two dried tomatoes inside. li>
- We pass the two booklets through a little flour, then through a little beer and finally through the breadcrumbs.
- Fry in a pan with olive oil until browned on both sides.
- For the tomatoes, add oil to the pan, the garlic cloves unpeeled but crushed with the help of the knife, the tomato cut in half, and add salt, pepper and oregano. Let it cook for about 15 minutes until the garlic browns and the tomato is soft.