Quick and easy pancake mix that’s naturally sweet, totally vegan and full of nutritious whole grains! It only takes 6 ingredients and 10 minutes to mix (plus a few more for a batch of pancakes).
- 1 cup Spelt flour
- 1 cup Wholemeal Flour
- 1/2 cup Oatmeal
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar (or sub-organic cane sugar)
- 1 cc Sea Salt
< li class="wprm-recipe-ingredient" style="list-style-type: disc;" data-uid="9">2 tablespoon Yeast Powder
TO MAKE PANCAKES
- 3/4 cup Almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 cc Vanilla extract
- 2 soup vegan melted oil or butter (and more for greasing the pan) < /span>
- 1 cup pancake mix (from top) ul>
- PANCAKE MIX: In a large bowl, mix together the spelled flour, whole wheat flour, rolled oats, coconut sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine until very well incorporated. Store pancake mix in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 1 month, or in the refrigerator or freezer for up to 3 months.
- Pancakes: For 5 pancakes, 3/4 cup (180mL) almond milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 2 tablespoons (30mL) oil or melted vegan butter in a medium bowl.
- Add 1 cup (130g) of dry pancake mix to the liquids and mix. The dough should be semi-solid and pourable. Let sit for 5-10 minutes (don’t skip this step: it makes pancakes fluffy and delicious!).
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle, nonstick skillet, or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly grease the pan with avocado oil or vegan butter. Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, pour batter into hot skillet and cook until edges are dry and center is bubbling (about 2 minutes). Flip and cook on the other side, about 1 minute or until nicely browned.
- Serve hot with vegan butter, maple syrup, berry compote, peanut butter, or any of your favorite toppings!
- Store leftover pancakes (chilled) in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days or in the freezer for several weeks. Reheat in the toaster, microwave or oven until warm.