In my house I have always eaten a lot of fish and I think that at the beginning of becoming vegan I missed it more than meat, among other things because it is more difficult to recreate its flavor or find substitutes in stores.
- 1 hoja de alga nori
- 2 y 1/2 tazas de garbanzos de bote o cocinados (400 g), escurridos y lavados
- 2 cucharadas de tahini
- 2 cucharadas zumo de limón
- 1/2 cucharadita de sal
- Put the nori seaweed into a powerful blender and beat until it is powdered. You can also chop it with the help of a knife. The finer it is, the better. Reserve.
- Put the chickpeas in a bowl and mash them a little with the help of a fork.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stir until they are well integrated and mash again until you obtain a homogeneous paste. If you want to save time you can use a food processor instead of a fork, but be careful not to over-mix.
- You can store the vegan tuna in a container airtight in the fridge for about 4-5 days.
- Nori seaweed is necessary to achieve a taste of the sea, similar to fish. I suppose other algae could be used, although I haven’t checked.
- Instead of tahini you can also add 1 or 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Lemon juice can be substituted by lime juice.