A trail mix is a mixture of nuts, seeds, dried fruits, carbohydrates and sweets that is usually taken as a snack for hiking or hiking. It is very nutritious, comfortable and provides a lot of energy.
We have used nuts, pumpkin seeds, raisins, puffed brown rice and dark chocolate, but there are a thousand possible mixes and they are all delicious. In general, I like to take 3 parts of carbohydrates for 1 part of the rest of things, but that depends on your taste and the type of diet you follow.
- 3/4 taza de arroz integral inflado (25 g)
- 1/4 taza de pasas (40 g)
- 1/4 taza de semillas de calabaza (35 g)
- 1/4 taza de chocolate negro (35 g), troceado
- 1/4 taza de nueces (30 g), troceadas
- Mix all the ingredients and store them in a airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for weeks or even months. If it’s very hot, it’s best to keep it in the fridge so the chocolate doesn’t melt.
- It’s usually eaten as is as an aperitif, but we like it a lot with yogurt and/or milk and with chopped fresh fruit, as a snack or breakfast.
- A trail mix should have nuts, seeds, carbohydrates, dried fruit and something sweet. You can use any ingredients you have on hand instead of the ones we used.
- If it’s really hot, keep in mind that the chocolate can melt. In that case you could use chocolate chips.