When I became vegan, the hardest thing for me to give up was eggs, that’s why scrambled tofu is one of the dishes that helped me the most in my transition.
- 225 g tofu firme (8 oz)
- 1/4 cucharadita de sal, ver notas
- 1/4 cucharadita de cúrcuma, ver notas
- 1/8 cucharadita de pimienta negra molida
- Chop the tofu and crumble it with the help of a fork so that it has a texture similar to a scrambled egg.
- Put a little water or oil in a pan and when it is hot add the tofu and the rest of ingredients. Stir until well integrated and cook over medium-high heat for about 5-10 minutes or until the tofu is to your liking. Stir occasionally.
- Serve immediately. We present it on toast with a little chopped parsley on top and a little more pepper.
- You can store the scramble in the fridge in an airtight container for about 3 or 4 days.
- You can use any type of salt, but ideally use Himalayan black salt or Kala Namak because it has an egg-like flavor.
- Yes If you’re not used to taking turmeric or don’t really like the taste of it, just add 1/8 teaspoon, taste it, then add more if needed.
- Add your favorite spices, vegetables and ingredients.