I’ve been wanting to make a vegan chorizo recipe for years, but it’s usually made with gluten and it’s a bit laborious, so I couldn’t get over it.
- 275 g de tofu firme (10 oz)
- 1/2 taza de vino blanco (125 ml)
- 2 cucharadas de pimentón dulce
- 1 cucharada de tamari o salsa de soja
- 1 cucharada de ajo en polvo
- 1/2 cucharadita de pimienta negra molida
- 1/4 cucharadita de sal
- Chop the tofu and crumble it with the help of a fork to give it a texture similar to a scrambled egg.
- Sauté the tofu in a little oil or water in a skillet over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until just starting to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stir and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes over medium heat- high or until tofu is done. If you don’t want to use wine, you can eliminate it (cooking time will be reduced).
- You can serve immediately or store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for about 4 or 5 days.
- This sausage can be used to make dishes like vegan potato and chorizo tacos, vegan chorizo scramble with potatoes, vegan cheese and chorizo dip, potatoes with vegan chorizo, rice with vegan chorizo o in recipes that use traditional chorizo.
- You can substitute the soy sauce for salt, although it may reduce the cooking time a bit.
- Add your favorite spices and herbs .
- The nutritional information is calculated without oil.