Cheese recipes are very successful on the blog and the truth is that it does not surprise me because cheese is one of the things that we have the hardest time giving up when we start a plant-based diet. We have several recipes, but our favorites are the vegan cheese and the vegan parmesan cheese, we often make them at home and they always succeed.
- 275 g de tofu firme (10 oz)
- 1 cucharada de zumo de limón
- 2 cucharadas de levadura nutricional o de cerveza
- 1 cucharadita de sal marina
- We eliminate the water that comes in the package of the tofu.
- We chop it with our hands or with a knife and put it in a blender or food processor with the rest of the ingredients.
- We beat for a few seconds until all the ingredients are integrated and we get the texture of the photos.
- Freshly made it is very tasty, but over time it has a more intense flavor (I like it better when it has been resting for a while).
- We can keep the tofu in the fridge in a container airtight for about 3 or 4 days.
- The main ingredient in this recipe is tofu, so I can’t give you an alternative.
- Nutritional or brewer’s yeast gives flavor to cheese, so it’s also a must-have ingredient. Another option is to add our vegan parmesan for a more intense flavor .