Creamy and luxurious 5-ingredient Thai iced tea made from black tea, natural sweeteners, vanilla and coconut milk! The perfect drink for Thai dishes and more.
- 4 cups < span class ="wprm-recipe-ingredient-name">filtered water
- 2 a heaped tablespoon Loose black tea*
- 1/4 cup span> maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup light muscovado sugar, brown Organic sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 TL pure r vanilla extract t
- 1 14 ounces can light coconut milk (or under vanilla almond milk, rice milk or other milk of your choice)
- 1-2 soup dark rum per serving (optional em> // for a cocktail option )
- Bring the water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Once boiling, remove from heat and allow bubbles to subside, then add tea and stir. Let steep for 5 minutes.
- Pour the tea over a strainer into a jug or bowl to remove the tea leaves. At this point, add the maple syrup, muscovado sugar, and vanilla. Mix well and dissolve the sugar crystals, then taste and adjust the sweetness as needed. Place in fridge to chill (2-3 hours).
- Once the tea has cooled, prepare serving glasses with generous portions ice cream (see photo). Fill 3/4 full with tea, then top up with coconut milk. Stir gently and enjoy.
- The recipe (as written in the origin) is sufficient for 4 generous servings. Add dark rum to taste to create a creamy cocktail!