Good morning guys!
In order not to vary my line, before starting I wanted to tell you that the post I told you about last week about my Trip to the Pyrenees with the dogs is already in the travel blog! I hope you like it!
A slice of Tempeh (can be chickpea or soy)
3 medium potatoes
Breadcrumbs (I used one with garlic and parsley)
Step by step
- First, put plenty of tomato sauce in a deep dish and add half a teaspoon of Basil, half a teaspoon of oregano , another half teaspoon of sweet paprika, hot paprika to taste, a pinch of onion powder, black pepper and chopped parsley. Optionally, we can add chopped chillies (but that’s only suitable for the brave).
- Mix well.
- Cut the Tempeh slices into small strips, spread them with fried tomato on all sides and let them macerate while we prepare the potatoes.
- Wash well and peel (or not) the potatoes. Cut them into thick segments and let them rest on a baking tray covered with parchment paper (or failing that, a baking tray greased with olive oil)
- We are going to spice the potatoes. To do this, sprinkle over them a pinch of chopped parsley, oregano, basil, salt, onion powder and black pepper to taste. On top, optionally, we can put a splash of olive oil.
- Stir well on the tray to mix all the spices and let it rest.
While, on the other hand, we prepare a dish deep with plenty of breadcrumbs. We take the fingers and coat them on all sides. Then we put them on the baking tray. We repeat this process until we finish all the Tempeh Fingers.
- Meanwhile, we pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- With the Fingers already battered, we are going to give them a more spicy touch. To do this we will add a pinch of salt, parsley and plenty of hot paprika on top. Add a splash of olive oil over the fingers to prevent the breadcrumbs from burning.
If you don’t want to go too spicy or prefer them neutral, avoid adding more spicy paprika.
- Finally, we put it in the oven at 180 degrees for about 40 minutes, or until the Vegan Fingers are toasted and the potatoes are roasted.
If necessary, you can add another drizzle of olive oil during baking so the Vegan Fingers cook well on all sides.