Good morning everyone! Today I come to you with a recipe that I recently started preparing at home: some vegan tacos. The truth is that I am an absolute lover of Mexican food, and that includes their delicious tacos. But just as I love Mexican cuisine, I’m also terrible at recreating it. I feel like I never get to get those amazing flavors that original Mexican dishes have.
But since I am very stubborn, sometimes I mix Mexican dishes that I love but with the ingredients that I have at home, as is the case with this recipe. Today I bring you some delicious and incredible vegan quinoa tacos and easy guacamole with grilled Heura.
4 corn tortillas for tacos (above I inform you where to buy it)
1/2 box of Heura. I used Mediterranean flavor bites (above I inform you where to buy it)
1/3 cup of quinoa
Lime or lemon
Step by step
- Toast the tortillas in the pan or griddle, with a drizzle of olive oil to grease the base.
- Keep the heat on medium, and place the tortillas on top.
- Let’s gently brown on both sides, until the tortilla begins to darken, appear more rigid and toasted.
- It is important not to over-toast them because later they are too hard and you will not be able to give them that ‘U’ shape.
- Remove them from the pan and gently fold the tortillas to keep them in that U-shape. When they cool , they will keep that shape by themselves and the taco will be perfect.
- Now we are going to cook the quinoa. Bring 1 cup of water to a boil and, when it starts to boil, add the 1/2 cup of quinoa.
- Let it cook until all the water is consumed, turn off the heat and set aside.
- On the other hand, we prepare the easy guacamole by mashing the avocado with a fork.
- Next, we chop the half tomato, 1/3 of the onion and add it to the guacamole. Mix well.
- Finally add a pinch of salt, a long squeeze of lemon and mix again.
- Add the quinoa and corn to the bowl in the amount you want, mix and set aside .
- On the other hand, toast the heura with a drizzle of olive oil, until it obtains a toasted tone.
- Finally, we fill the tacos with generous quinoa and, on top, we add a few bites of heura that cover all the quinoa. Look at the photo below.
- We decorate with a pinch of salt and basil and serve.