Do you want to give your friends or your lovely family a taste of a great vegan cake, made with your little ones, but without anyone noticing that it is 100% vegetable? You want the whole assembly to exclaim “but you did that without eggs? without milk ? without butter ? but how is it possible? » ? Do you want your anti-vegan stepdad (or other) to stuff himself without noticing that he got screwed and ate a cake from the opposite side?
Well you are in the right place my friend! Because this vegan strawberry tree is just to die for 😉
As usual, no need to go to the specialized stores, you will find everything you need in little almost anywhere.
- cider vinegar – 2 (càs)
- applesauce – 2 (càs)
- baking powder – 0.5 (sachet)
- soy milk – 260 (g)
- sugar (g)
- flour – 260 (g)
- vanilla (pod)
- coconut cream (g)
- mar vegetable garine – 120 (g)
- agar -agar – 1 (bag)
- starch corn – 70 (g)
- sugar – 180 (g)
- soy milk – 350 (g)
< div class="recipe-composition">
- icing sugar – 300 (g)
- Prepare the vanilla cream : Heat the soy milk in a saucepan with the vanilla pod split in half and scraped. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and agar-agar. When the milk boils, remove the pod and pour it into the cul-de-poule, whisking. Put everything back in the saucepan to cook the cream. When it becomes viscous, pour into your mixer and let it whip the cream to cool it. Gradually add the margarine, letting the mixer run.
- Wheel the very cold coconut cream until whipped. Gently add it to the spatula in your vanilla cream. Store in the fridge.
- Prepare the sponge cake: preheat your oven to 180°C. Mix the flour, sugar and yeast in a mixing bowl. Add the soy milk, whisking to obtain a smooth paste. Finish by adding the compote and the vinegar.
- Pour onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 15 minutes. When the sponge cake is cold, cut out 2 large circles using your pastry circle.
- Cut all the strawberries in half.
- To assemble the cake: in your circle , starts with a round of sponge cake, covered with a thin layer of cream. Then place strawberries all around and also everywhere in the middle. Cover with the rest of the cream and finish with the other round of sponge cake.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours then remove the ring. Sprinkle with icing sugar and it’s ready :D!