Sour cream or sour cream is a sauce that is widely used in Mexican cuisine and is prepared from fermented milk cream and other condiments. It has a slightly acid taste and a texture similar to that of mayonnaise, but thicker.
- 1 taza de anacardos crudos y sin sal (150 g)
- 1/2 taza de agua (125 ml)
- 2 cucharadas de zumo de limón
- 1 cucharada de levadura nutricional o de cerveza (opcional)
- 1/4 cucharadita de sal
- Soak cashews overnight in water at room temperature. If you’re in a hurry, you can leave them in hot water for at least an hour.
- Strain the cashews, discard the water, and put them in a blender with the rest of the ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Serve immediately or store vegan sour cream in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- I haven’t tried this recipe with other nuts, though I don’t think it will work the same because cashews have little flavor and their texture makes them ideal for sauces.
- You can use vinegar instead of lemon, although I personally like it better that way.