We are not stopping! With the trip to Germany we don’t have time for anything and the days we have left here are going to be intense, but it’s worth the effort. It may take longer than usual to respond to emails and comments but we are at the top organizing everything, getting work done to travel when we are in Cologne and it is also my best friend’s wedding just the weekend before we leave, total madness! !
But let’s go to the important thing: the recipe. This vegan detox soup is scrumptious and couldn’t be simpler. To make the pumpkin noodles or spaghetti we have used the Spirali, but you can use another similar device or even a potato peeler to make pumpkin strips. Another option would be to replace them with normal pasta or noodles with or without gluten, although make sure they are wholemeal flours and do not have additives.
- 225 g de calabaza (1/2 libra)
- 2 cebollas moradas
- 1/2 pimiento amarillo
- 1/4 de brócoli (sólo las flores, no el tallo)
- 2 ramas de apio
- 10 tomates cherry
- 1 litro de agua (4 tazas)
- 4 cucharadas de salsa de soja o tamari
- 1 cucharadita de jengibre en polvo
- 1 cucharada de ajo en polvo
- 1 cucharada de cebolla en polvo
- 1 cucharada de hierbas provenzales
- 2 cucharadas de levadura de cerveza o levadura nutricional
- Zumo de limón al gusto
- Make Spaghetti Squash Using the Spirali or a potato peeler. If you don’t have either, chop it to your liking.
- Add all the chopped vegetables along with the spaghetti squash, water, soy sauce, spices (ginger, garlic and onion powder) and the herbes de Provence and when it starts to boil cook over medium high heat for about 5 to 10 minutes or until the vegetables are to your liking.
- When the soup is ready, take the nutritional yeast and lemon off the heat and stir.