In my house we have always eaten a lot of fish and that is why when I became a vegetarian I missed it more than meat. Smoked salmon was one of my favorites and I loved having it with cream cheese and bread, so since we didn’t have any recipe for fish in a vegetable version, we decided to start with something simple. You can’t imagine how good it is and what It looks great.
- 3 zanahorias (225 g ó 1/2 libra)
- 2 hojas de alga nori
- 1 taza de agua caliente (250 ml)
- 2 cucharadas de tamari o salsa de soja
- 1 cucharada de sirope de arce o agave
- 1 cucharada de vinagre de manzana
- 1 cucharadita de pimentón dulce
- 1 cucharadita de ajo en polvo
- 1/8 cucharadita de pimienta negra molida
- Sal al gusto
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Wash the carrots and sprinkle with salt to taste (peeling is not necessary). I like to leave the carrots wet so that the salt adheres better. Bake them on a tray lined with parchment paper for 40 minutes.
- While you can make the dressing. Add chopped nori seaweed to a blender along with the rest of the ingredients (water, tamari, syrup, vinegar, paprika, garlic powder and pepper) and blend until well combined.
- When the carrots are done, let them cool a bit so you don’t burn your fingers, and chop them with a knife, peeler, or mandolin.
- Add the chopped carrot in a bowl, add salt to taste and massage them well with your hands so that the salt is impregnated.
- Leave the carrots to marinate in an airtight container along with the dressing in the fridge for at least 24 hours.
- We serve the vegan smoked salmon with toast, vegan cream cheese, dried dill, and chopped red onion.
- You can store the salmon in the fridge for about 5 days.
- The nori seaweed can be substituted with other seaweed or can also be eliminated (although it will not taste like the sea).
- Use any sweetener or vinegar (You can also use lemon juice).
- The salmon is very tasty as it is, but if you want an even more successful flavor you can add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil on top when you serve it.< /li>