Hello dear! Back to September and back to the recipes. I hope you have had a fantastic summer. Today I come with a very easy easy recipe, but the result is incredible. I’ll show you how to prepare some Vegan Flamenquines with salami and cheese, without eggs.
Flamenquines are basically a dough filled with cheese and sausages, which is coated in batter and fried . Obviously they are recipes for occasional consumption, but hey… it’s incredible. It seems to me that for a barbecue, a party with friends or a picnic it is fantastic.
Step by step
- We will start by placing the slices of bread on a flat surface. With the help of a rolling pin, we stretch them until we leave a thin dough.
- Now, we place a slice of vegetable cheese and vegan salami on top.
- Roll up the bread, pressing well, until it forms a tube.
- If necessary, press the “rolls” with your hands so that they are very firm.
- Repeat this process until finishing with the selected slices.
- Reserve the flamenquines on a plate and, in a separate bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of chickpea flour and 1/2 cup of water. With this we will have a substitute for the egg to coat.
- With a fork we beat it until we get a homogeneous mixture without lumps.
- On the other hand, we have 1 bowl with flour and another bowl with breadcrumbs.
- Now, one by one, submerge the flamenquines in the “egg” mixture, then in wheat flour, coating all sides well.
- Then, we submerge in the non-egg mixture again and, finally, we coat in breadcrumbs.
- With this we will obtain a firm batter without the need to use egg.
- Now, in a small frying pan, heat 1 finger of sunflower oil.
- When it is hot, lower it to medium-low heat and fry the flamenquines until golden on all sides.
- And that’s it! Let them rest on a sheet of kitchen paper to remove excess oil and… enjoy!