These vegan risotto balls are an ideal appetizer for any celebration, they are delicious, everyone likes them and they are much lighter than other fried ones.
They are 100% vegan, so they are healthier and have much fewer calories, they do not contain butter or cheese and they are suitable for coeliacs because they do not have gluten. They are also perfect for lactose intolerant because we have used almond milk to make them.
- Aceite de oliva virgen extra
- 2 dientes de ajo
- 1/2 cebolla
- 1/2 de taza de vino blanco (125 mililitros)
- 1 taza de arroz blanco de grano corto (200 gramos)
- 1/2 taza de leche de almendras (125 mililitros) + 6 cucharadas para el rebozado
- 2 tazas de caldo de verduras o de agua (500 mililitros)
- 6 cucharadas de harina de arroz
- 8 cucharadas de levadura nutricional (2 para el risotto y 6 para rebozar)
- In a pan add a splash of oil and brown the chopped garlic and onion.
- Add the rice and fry for 2 minutes or until it starts to become transparent.
- Add the white wine and let the alcohol evaporate.
- Add a ladle of hot vegetable broth and wait for it to be consumed. In this step, we will have to stir from time to time so that the rice does not stick. We are adding broth and stirring as it is consumed. Lastly, add the almond milk. We do not add salt because the ingredients give it enough flavor but if you want you can add it without problems.
- When the rice is al dente, the risotto will be ready, in our case it was 18 minutes.
- To finish we add two tablespoons of yeast, stir and leave it covered for about 5 minutes to rest.
- Put the risotto in a bowl and let it cool down. We make balls and coat them by passing them through milk, then through flour, then again through milk and finally through brewer’s yeast (or breadcrumbs).
- We fry our balls in plenty of hot oil until golden brown.