Hello! Today I bring you the recipe that I promised you on Instagram before going to the signatures de Sant Jordi : this vegan bowl quinoa, with sautéed mushrooms and organic chard from El Puente Viejo, beans and soft tofu in no-egg style taquitos. But this recipe, in reality, is above all to serve as inspiration to prepare varied dishes using leftovers from other recipes. You can follow this recipe to the letter or get inspired and create your own combined bowls.
The amount of safe food thrown away each year is staggering. This can be avoided very easily by organizing ourselves a little better and learning to conserve leftovers from the recipes we prepare.
1/2 cup of quinoa
1 and 1/2 cup of water
1/2 onion< br> 200 grams of red beans
1 large potato
2 handfuls of Swiss chard
1 slice of tofu
Black pepper< br> Curry
Step by step
- First, finely chop the onion and sauté it with a drizzle of olive oil in a pan.
- While the onion is poaching, bring 1 and a half cups of water to a boil. When it starts to boil, add the quinoa and keep it gently boiling until the water is consumed. When it’s ready, reserve it in the bowl.
- When the onion is ready, add the beans and sauté for 8 minutes over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the potatoes into wedges.
- Place them on a plate and season with plenty of paprika, pepper black and a pinch of salt.
- Mix well to mix the spices and put the potatoes in the oven, at a temperature between 140º and 160º, so that they bake slowly. When they are ready, place them in the bowl.
- We return with the beans: remove them from the pan and reserve them in the bowl.
- Next, add another dash of olive oil to the pan and sauté the sliced mushrooms.
- When they are golden, add the chard cut into strips and sauté for 5-8 more minutes.
- Remove the sautéed sauce and pour it into the bowl as well.
- Finally, add another dash of olive oil to the pan and let it heat .
- Cut the tofu into large cubes and sauté it in the pan, adding a teaspoon of curry, another of turmeric and two pinches of black salt.
- Sauté until golden brown and creating a slightly crunchy texture on the outside. I recommend you try the tofu to add more black salt if the ‘egg’ flavor is not enough.
- And that’s it! Add the tofu to the bowl, add a thin splash of soy sauce over the quinoa and serve.