creamy vegan pumpkin pie ice cream with 10 ingredients and tons of creamy pumpkin puree. Easy to prepare, perfectly sweet and lightly spiced.
- 1 1/2 cups
raw cashews (4-6 hours soaked or 1 -2 hours in boiling water*)
- 1 cup Milk- free milk (e.g. unsweetened almond, light coconut or rice) li>
- 3 soup olive oil
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/ 4 span> cup maple syrup (sub-agave or honey if not vegan)
- 1 /3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp < span class="wprm-Recipe-Ingredient- unit" -name">Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 TL< /span> Sea salt span>
- 1 1/2 span> càc pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cc< /span> ground cinnamon
ROASTED PECANS (optional)
- 1/2 cup raw pecan halves
- 1 soup vegan butter (like Earth Balance // or sub olive or avocado oil)
- 1 Soup brown sugar
- 1 pinch span> sea salt, cinnamon and cayenne pepper
- Place your mixing bowl in the freezer to chill the night before. Also, soak your cashews the day before or at least 4-6 hours before pureeing them. You can also soak in boiling water for 1-2 hours (see notes).
- Once soaked, place the well-drained cashews and remaining ingredients in a blender and blend until creamy and smooth – about 3-4 minutes, using the liquefy or puree setting if you have the option make it really creamy. Taste and adjust sweetness/flavors as needed.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl of your chilled ice cream maker and stir according to manufacturer’s instructions, until completely cool – about 45 minutes. It should look like a thick soft dough.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container, cover and freeze until hard – at least 6 hours, preferably at night. Keeps in the freezer for up to a week.
- Remove from freezer and thaw for 30-40 minutes – or purely 15-20 seconds in the microwave (gasp!) – before serving to soak. Serve with toasted brown sugar pecans (see next step) and coconut whipped cream for extra momentum.
- FOR THE PECANS: Preheat the oven to 176°C and place the pecans on a foil-lined baking sheet. Fry for about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small pan or in the microwave and stir in the brown sugar, Sea salt, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper.
- Remove the toasted pecans from the oven and toss with the butter and spices. Spread on the baking sheet and toast an additional 4-7 minutes, or until fragrant and golden brown, being careful not to burn them.
- Allow to cool completely. Store leftovers in a jar for up to 1 week.