Potato salads are my favorites to eat away from home or when I want a more satisfying and filling salad. They can be dressed in a thousand possible ways, but creamy dressings are the ones I like the most for this type of salad. We have prepared ours with a cashew mayonnaise, which is basically our recipe for vegan alioli without oil, but without the garlic and it has been very tasty.
- 450 g de patatas (1 libra), nosotros usamos patata roja
- 1/2 taza de cebolla morada troceada (70 g)
- 1/2 taza de pimiento rojo troceado (70 g)
- 1/2 taza de pepinillos troceados (35 g)
- 1 puñado de cebollino picado
- 1 puñado de perejil picado
- 1/2 cucharadita de pimentón
Para la salsa:
- Wash and chop the potatoes and cook them steamed with skin for about 20 minutes or until tender. If you want you can peel or cook them.
- To make the sauce you just have to mix all the ingredients until they are well integrated.
- When the potatoes are cold, put them in a large bowl along with the rest of the ingredients (except the paprika) and the sauce and stir so that they are well integrated.
- We put the paprika on top to decorate.
- We can eat the salad directly, but the ideal is to let it rest in the fridge until it is very cold .
- Potato salad can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for about 5 days.
- Use whatever kind of potato you like.
- Add your favorite vegetables.
- Vinegar can be substituted with juice lemon and in general any spice, herb or seasoning can be used.