Very good to all! Today I bring you a recipe that I have not stopped using for all possible recipes. I am talking about the vegan potato cheese that you have already seen on numerous occasions. Without going any further, when I made these vegan paninis with vegan potato cheese lo petaron: it is one of the most successful recipes on the blog.
The fact is that what I like the most about this trompe l’oeil is that: first of all it’s very cheap and easy to prepare, secondly, the ingredients are quite accessible, and thirdly, nutritionally it is much more interesting than the vast majority of vegan cheeses that you can buy. Almost all of the ones that melt are made with coconut fat, which is great for a treat that is very close to cheese. But I see this more for the “everyday”, especially if you are looking for a vegan cheese that is well gratin.
Nachos or wheat tortillas (we will make nachos with them)
For the vegan potato cheese
2 large potatoes
4 handfuls of nutritional yeast (no other type of yeast will work)
For the meatless bolognese
1/3 cup of textured soybeans
Step by step
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into medium cubes.
- Cook it in plenty of water for about 15 minutes, or until potato is cooked through and can be easily pierced with a fork. Ideally, they should be especially soft but not fall apart on their own, but if you notice them too firm, let them cook more.
- On the other hand, we put the textured soybeans to hydrate, covering half the height of the soy sauce with tomato sauce, and the other half with water.
- Add a pinch of salt, oregano and black pepper.
- Stir and let it hydrate.
- Now, we prepare the nachos. If you’re using store-bought nachos, skip these steps and go directly to step 9.
- Cut the wheat tortillas into equal triangles and pass them through the pan, over medium heat, back and forth.
- While the potatoes are just cooking, sauté the Bolognese for 5 minutes in the pan, with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Strain the water from the potatoes and place them all in a blender.
- Now, add 1 clove of garlic and we cover 1/3 of the height of the potatoes with warm water.
- Beat very very well, until we acquire a creamy texture.
- Now, we add 1/2 small teaspoon of curry , a generous pinch of salt, a touch of garlic powder and 2 handfuls of nutritional yeast. We beat.
- Now I recommend that you correct the flavor and texture to your liking. I added more curry and a touch of turmeric to flavor it and make it more yellow.
- I also added 2 more handfuls of nutritional yeast to give it more of a “cheesy aroma” and make it silkier.
- If you want it more liquid, you can add more water.
- Now, serve it in a large bowl or a plate and place on top (carefully, remember that the bolognese is heavy and will sink to the bottom) the bolognese
< li>When they are toasted and stiff, remove them from the pan and set them aside.
< li>Toast it lightly, and reserve.