Good morning guys! Last Saturday I left you without a new recipe, but this week I couldn’t go without posting. There are too many open projects and it’s driving me crazy, I would need 72 hour days to cover it all! I guess like everyone else. Before continuing, remind you that we have the last draw active on Facebook e Instagram 🙂 Closing tomorrow , so you are still on time!
As I was saying, the lack of time these weeks is more than evident to me. That’s why this Saturday’s recipe is quick and easy. These vegan potato waffles take us no more than 10 minutes to prepare the dough and another 10 minutes to prepare the topping. The slowest thing is actually waiting for the waffles they are made inside the waffle maker, and more so if they are made two by two, as with mine.
3 medium potatoes
A little less than 1/2 cup of unsweetened soy milk
9 tablespoons of whole spelled flour (can be substituted with other flours)
A pinch of salt
< strong>For the topping that I prepared:
2 garlic cloves
1 medium onion
Optional: Black salt
Step by step
- Peel, cut and cook 3 medium-sized potatoes. When they are soft and can be easily pierced with a fork, remove them from the water and drain them.
- Put them in a bowl and mix them with 1 minced garlic, a pinch of parsley, black pepper, garlic powder and another pinch of salt.
- Mix until it is as homogeneous as possible and add a little less than half a cup of unsweetened soy milk. We mix again.
- Now add the 9 tablespoons of spelled flour little by little. The dough must be sticky, not too liquid. The marks of the fork must remain. (Look at the photo below)
- Heat the waffle maker and grease the base with extra virgin olive oil. When the waffle maker is hot, add the dough, spreading it well around the corners of the machine.
- Close it and let it act for between 8 and 10 minutes. This may vary depending on the waffle maker. Mine is pretty simple and only has one power. It happens to know if the waffle is done or not, we just have to lift the lid after a few minutes. And the dough gets stuck and the lid is hard to lift, it’s just that we still need to brown our vegan potato waffles more.
- Place the sauce on top of the waffles and, to finish, take a small portion of tofu and crumble it with your hands . Add it to the pan with a little more olive oil and fry it for a few minutes, adding a pinch of turmeric, curry and black salt. When the tofu is golden, we remove it and pour it on top of our waffles.
- We just decorated them with a little tahini and a few slices of avocado. And ready! Let’s eat.
< li>While the waffles are being made, chop an onion, two garlic cloves, the mushrooms and brown them in a pan with olive oil. When they are golden brown, add the spinach leaves and fry until the leaves are small.