Very good morning to all! Today I share with you the recipe that I presented to you yesterday on Instagram: el Vegan rice and quinoa Poké Bowl with avocado, corn, tomato, tofu, radishes and a delicious soy sauce with a touch of ginger.
I, until a couple of days ago, had never tried a Poké Bowl. In fact, I was not even very clear about the concept. For those of you who are as lost as I am, I’ll tell you: the Poké Bowl is a dish of Hawaiian origin that traditionally includes ingredients of animal origin such as fish, but It is also a dish very rich in fresh and raw vegetables, so creating a vegan Poké Bowl is very simple.
200 grams of rice (rice is commonly used for sushi, you can use long, wild rice…)
1/3 cup of quinoa
1 ripe avocado
1 sheet of soft tofu
Ginger (powdered and optionally also in natural version).
Other optional but recommended ingredients:
Algae, diced mango, peanuts, black sesame seeds,…
Step by step
- We cook the rice respecting the times and the amount of water needed for each type of rice. It usually indicates it on the package. In the case of long rice, it is usually two parts of water for each part of rice.
- Separately, we cook the quinoa. For quinoa, we usually use 3 parts of water for each part of quinoa, so we will boil 1 glass of water and, when the water boils, we will add 1/3 of a glass of quinoa.
- When Both the rice and the quinoa are ready, we reserve them and let them cool.
- Cut the tofu and the avocado into cubes, the tomato into wedges and the radish into very thin slices.
- In a cup, put a little soy sauce and mix it with a pinch of ginger powder. I like to marinate a cube of ginger as well, but this is optional.
- The next step is to put the warm rice and quinoa at the base of the bowl.
- Add a generous squeeze of lemon and mix.
- Put all the chopped ingredients on top.
- Add another squeeze of lemon on top and, finally, generously add a splash of the sauce of soybeans with ginger that we had left macerating.
- Finally, we add the desired toppings: sesame seeds, peanuts, seaweed,…
- And it’s ready to serve!