MEGA creamy 10-ingredient vegan ice cream filled with peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough! So creamy and decadent you’d never believe it’s dairy and egg free.
- 1 1/4 cups
raw cashews (soaked overnight // or at least 6 hours // then drained)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (or granulated)
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or maple syrup (or honey , if not vegan)
- 1 14 ounces Can full-fat coconut milk (back something for cookie dough keep)
- 2 1/2 EL Coconut oil (faded)
- 1 cc pure vanilla extract< /li>
- 3 span > tablespoon vegan butter or coconut oil li>
- 1/2 cup crispy or creamy salted Natural peanut butter (I like Trader Joe’s)
< li class="wprm-recipe-ingredient" style="list-style-type : disk;">1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 TL span > pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour (you could mix under a GF, but the texture will be a bit grainier)< /span>
- 1/4 span> cup Mini Dairy Chocolate Chips (like Enjoy Life)
- 1-2 span > EL Coconut milk or other plant-based milk li>
- The night before, place your ice cream tray in the freezer, to cool properly. Also, make sure to soak your cashews overnight OR the next day for at least 6 hours. Be sure to drain before sending to Mixer.
- Place all ice cream ingredients in blender and blend until creamy and smooth, scraping sides as needed. Use the Liquify or Puree setting if you have them. You want it to be completely creamy and blended.
- Chill the mixture in the freezer for 1.5 to 2 hours or overnight in the fridge.< /div>Pour the chilled mixture into the ice cream maker and stir according to the manufacturer’s instructions – about 45 minutes. It should look like a soft cream. If for some reason it doesn’t thicken enough, add the mixture (still in the ice cream mixing bowl) and place back in the freezer to thicken before stirring again.
li>Meanwhile, place the vegan butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl and mix together with a mixer or wooden spoon. Gradually add the flour and stir until thick and slightly crumbly. Add a little coconut milk or other non-dairy milk to add moisture. Finally add the chocolate chips and stir again. Place in the fridge or freezer to cool.Once the ice cream is thick like cream, add 3/4 cookie dough and crumble it with your hands as you add it.Then transfer to a freezer-safe container and sprinkle in the final pieces of cookie dough for added texture. Cover tightly and freeze for at least 4-6 hours or until set.Let stand 15 to 20 minutes before serving, to make it softer. Can be kept for up to 1 week, but best fresh.