This vegan Parmesan cheese is to die for, it can be easily made at home, it keeps very well and is cheaper than traditional Parmesan, but best of all, it is much healthier and is suitable for all audiences.
You only need 4 ingredients to prepare it: cashew nuts, brewer’s yeast or nutritional yeast, fine sea salt and garlic powder. I always try to use unsalted nuts because they are healthier, but if you only find salted cashews you can use them without any problem and not add more salt. Brewer’s yeast is easier to find than nutritional yeast, but it does have gluten, so if you don’t eat it, be careful.
- 1 taza de anacardos sin sal (150 gramos)*
- 4 cucharadas de levadura de cerveza o levadura nutricional
- 1 cucharadita de sal marina fina
- 1 cucharadita de ajo en polvo
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and grind them until they are powdered.
* Other nuts can be used, such as walnuts or almonds, although I think cashews work best.