Very good to everyone! Today I come with the recipe for my meal / morning craving: a delicious vegan Panini with homemade potato cheese. I was showing it to you today on Instagram and you asked me, it’s nice… I’ll tell you:
Since I was little I have been a big fan of Panini, when I eat them it brings back the memory of when my mother bought them frozen and we ate them as a family. Those had meat, we made them in the microwave and, honestly, they are never as good as the homemade ones. Over time I adapted the recipe and I have found a way to make them at home, in a vegan version and on top of that: healthier and very cheap to prepare.
Two small rustic breads – sandwich size
1/2 bowl of cooked chickpeas
1 large or 2 medium potatoes (the size of two fists, more or less)
Nutritional yeast (not required, but highly recommended as it gives the aroma of cheese)
Oil of olive
Step by step
- Peel and cut the potato into medium cubes. We put it to cook in a pot with boiling water and leave it at a gentle boil for about 15 minutes, or until they can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, cut the bread and spread with tomato sauce all over the base. We reserve.
- On the other hand, we take 1/2 bowl of cooked chickpeas and add a touch of hot paprika, another touch of cumin and generous sweet paprika. Mix well and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, place the garlic, a generous splash of olive oil and the potato.
- Add half a handful of nutritional yeast to the potato, salt to taste, cover halfway up the potato with water and, finally, add a long squirt of lemon.
- Brush until a dense, smooth and creamy cream remains. Check the taste and add more nutritional yeast, lemon, salt or garlic depending on your taste.