Very good to all! Today I show you how to prepare a recipe that I improvised the other day and that surprised us a lot (BUT A LOT). The fact is that I prepared a vegan pannini in sliced bread (which makes it quick and easy to prepare) stuffed with Heura chorizo and potato cheese , the homemade cheese that I make whenever I feel like baking with cheese and I don’t have any Violife or Nurishh-type cheeses left.
3 small potatoes
2 cloves of garlic
2 or 3 mushrooms
Heura sausage (if you can’t find it, you can use textured soy with smoked paprika and assorted spices)
Step by step
- We will start by preparing the potato cheese by cooking 3 small potatoes in cubes.
- When the potatoes are well cooked (which can be easily pierced with a fork) we transfer them to a bowl and add: 2 cloves of garlic, water to cover half height, a generous splash of olive oil, salt to taste and generous nutritional yeast. I added 5 or 6 handfuls.
- With a hand blender, blend everything until it becomes a smooth cream, with the texture of melted cheese.
- When it is ready, we taste and we can add more salt, garlic or nutritional yeast to taste. Reserve.
- Now chop the mushrooms into strips and in a frying pan with olive oil, sauté until well toasted.
- Remove the mushrooms and now toast the chorizos in pieces. When they are well browned, remove them and mash them well with a fork.
- Now, spread two slices of sliced bread with tomato sauce and season with basil, onion and salt.
- Place mushrooms and toasted chorizo on top and cover with generous potato cheese.
- Now, place one slice on top of the other, to make the double pannini, leaving a layer of potato cheese on top which we will toast in the oven.
- Finally, we put it in the oven at 180 degrees until the potato “cheese” gratin or at 135 degrees in the air fryer for 10 minutes.
- And ready to eat!