I am very happy with this recipe, it has become one of my favorites! It is a vegan and healthy version of Pad Thai, one of the most popular dishes in Thai cuisine.
The original version is made with rice noodles, but I’m trying to eat as clean and healthy as I can and try to avoid white rice and refined flours, so I’ve used the buckwheat noodles and zucchini pasta that I’ve made with my < a id="static_txt_preview" href="https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B002E19IB0/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=3626&creative=24822&creativeASIN=B002E19IB0&linkCode=as2&tag =danzadefogone-21" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Spirali, what a great invention! Gluten-free pastas made with unrefined flours and without additives are usually expensive, that’s why I combine them with vegetable pasta because it makes a much cheaper dish. I couldn’t live without this machine anymore!
- Aceite de oliva virgen extra al gusto
- 1/2 paquete de tofu (140 g ó 5 oz)
- 75 g de noodles de trigo sarraceno (2,6 oz)
- 2 dientes de ajo, muy picados
- 1/4 de cebolla, en juliana
- 1/4 de pimiento rojo, en juliana
- 1 zanahoria, en juliana
- 1 calabacín, «espilarilizado»
Para la salsa:
- 3 cucharadas de salsa de soja o tamari
- 2 cucharadas de vinagre de manzana
- 2 cucharadas de sirope de arce
- 2 cucharadas de agua o caldo de verduras
- 1 guindilla cayena troceada o 1/8 de cucharadita de cayena en polvo
- Para decorar: brotes de col roja, anacardos crudos troceados, cilantro fresco y lima
- Slice the tofu into thin slices of about 5mm thick. Remove excess water with a cloth.
- In a skillet or griddle, add oil to taste and cook the tofu fillets over medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Cook any noodles or pasta you’re using according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Meanwhile, Heat a little oil in a wok and when it is very hot add all the raw vegetables and sauté for about 2 or 3 minutes without stopping stirring. The vegetables will most likely leak water, so drain them and return them to the wok.
- Add the noodles and sauce (to make it just mix all the ingredients in a bowl), stir and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Serve and decorate with the tofu, sprouts, cashews, cilantro and lime (do a splash of lime juice before eating).