One of the most popular recipes from our two blogs is our vegan mayonnaise . The bad thing about this sauce is that it has a high fat content, so it is better to consume it in moderation. However, if we substitute the oil and the soy milk for cashews and water, we obtain a low-fat version, very creamy and perfect to accompany all kinds of salty dishes.
- 1 taza de anacardos crudos y sin sal (150 g)
- 1/2 taza de agua (125 ml)
- 1 cuchara + 1 cucharadita de vinagre de manzana o de zumo de limón
- 3/4 cucharadita de sal
- Soak cashews in hot water for at least 20 minutes or overnight in hot water.
- Strain and wash the cashews and place them in a blender with the rest of the ingredients. Beat until fully incorporated.
- You can drink it directly or let it cool in the fridge.
- The mayonnaise keeps in the fridge in an airtight container for about 4 or 5 days.
- You can use another type of vinegar if you want.
- Add more or less water, vinegar/lemon juice or salt, depending on your taste and the texture you are looking for.