mashed potatoes is one of my favorite side dishes and brings back good memories from my childhood, but the truth is that although I had already tried mashed sweet potatoes in a restaurant, I had never prepared it at home. As for everything there has to be a first time, I got down to work and I have to admit that it is even better than I expected.
- 900 g de batata, boniato o camote (2 libras)
- 1/4 taza de leche vegetal, nosotros usamos leche de soja (65 ml)
- 2 cucharadas de sirope de arce
- 2 cucharadas de levadura nutricional o de cerveza
- 1 cucharadita de ajo en polvo
- 1/2 cucharadita de sal marina
- 1/8 cucharadita de pimienta negra molida
- Nueces troceadas y eneldo seco para decorar (opcional)
- Peel and dice the sweet potatoes and steam (or cook) them for about 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Place them in a bowl along with the rest of the ingredients and whisk with help of a hand mixer. You can also use a blender or a fork, but it won’t be the same consistency.
- Garnish with walnuts and dill (optional) and serve.
- You can keep the mashed sweet potato in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- The maple syrup gives it an interesting sweet touch, but if you want you can eliminate it or substitute another sweetener.
- Add your spices and herbs preferred.