I have made my first vegan mozzarella! And best of all, it can be eaten hot, cold and is low in fat. We have used it to make the pizza that you can see above (we will share the base recipe that is 100% gluten and oat free and only has 3 ingredients and the complete pizza) and the crostinis that you can see in the last photo (don’t worry, we will also share the recipe).
Although this mozzarella is delicious, it is not the same as the original, it does not have the same consistency, nor the same flavor and it is not as firm when eaten raw, but it is very good, it is low in fat, much healthier and no animal has to suffer so that we can enjoy it.
- 100 g de tofu firme (3,5 oz)
- 1/2 taza de leche de almendras sin endulzar (125 ml)
- 3 cucharadas de almidón o harina de tapioca
- 1 cucharada de levadura nutricional o de cerveza
- 1 cucharadita de zumo de limón
- 1/2 cucharadita de sal
- 1/4 cucharadita de ajo en polvo
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and whisk until well combined.
- Put the mixture in a saucepan and heat over high or medium-high heat, stirring constantly for about 5 to 10 minutes or until form a kind of ball like the one you can see in the third photo.
- We put it in a bowl and when it has cooled down a bit, we wet our hands and Make balls with the help of a spoon and your hands. Let’s leave the balls in another bowl with salted water until they cool. I add 1/2 teaspoon of salt for every 1 cup of water (250 ml) approximately, but you can keep an eye on it.
- You can eat the mozzarella hot or cold .
- If you are not going to consume it immediately, store the balls in an airtight container with salted water for about 3 or 4 days.