In case you didn’t know, we love Mexican food and tacos are my weakness, that’s why I’ve been wanting to try a vegan and gluten-free version for a long time, that was simple but just as tasty as the traditional version. Once again, the vegan cuisine has not disappointed us and I have to tell you that it is one of the best tacos I have ever eaten, seriously, they are to repeat, tripitir or to eat those who put us ahead.
We have also prepared sour cream in a vegan version, with easy-to-find, cheap ingredients and it is ready in 1 or 2 minutes (as long as it takes you to put them in the blender jar and beat them). It is a very light and dairy-free sauce.
- 1 cucharada de aceite de oliva virgen extra
- 1 guindilla cayena o una pizca de cayena en polvo
- 1 paquete de tofu firme (275 gramos/10 onzas escurrido o 400 gramos/14 onzas sin escurrir)
- 140 gramos de maíz (3/4 de taza)
- 240 gramos de alubias cocidas (1 taza)
- 60 gramos de tamari o salsa de soja(1/4 de taza)
- 1 cucharadita de vinagre de Módena o balsámico
- 2 tomate pera
- 1 aguacate
- Hojas de lechuga
- In a pan, pour the oil and when is hot add the chopped chilli (or cayenne powder) and the chopped tofu. With the help of a wooden spoon or spatula, we chop it until it has a consistency similar to minced meat. Leave the tofu over medium-high heat for a few minutes until it browns.
- Add the corn (previously boiled in water), the cooked beans, the tamari and the vinegar. We remove so that all the ingredients are integrated. Leave at least 5 minutes for the tofu to take on flavor.
- Take two leaves of lettuce, put one on top of the other, add the filling, a few pieces of tomato and avocado chopped, we add a tablespoon of salsa (see the recipe below) and we can enjoy our vegan tacos with lettuce and homemade sour cream.
Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman .