We already have a flat in Colonia! Well, at least for the first month, then we will look for something there, which we have been told is much easier. We are excited about our new adventure, visiting vegan restaurants and trying new dishes and ingredients. ?
This vegan lentil stew is inspired by the lentils that Alberto’s mother makes, which are scrumptious, although we have given it our personal touch, as always. Our version is low in fat, that is why we have cooked the vegetables in water, but if you want you can sauté them in a splash of extra virgin olive oil or add it at the end when the stew is ready.
- 5 tazas de agua (1 l y 250 ml)
- 1/2 cebolla
- 1 zanahoria
- 1 pimiento verde
- 1/2 pimiento rojo
- 2 cucharadas de tomate concentrado
- 1/2 taza de lentejas (100 g)
- 450 g de patatas (1 libra)
- 2 cucharadas de orégano seco
- 1 cucharada de pimentón dulce
- 1 cucharadita de sal marina
- Add 2 cups of water (500 ml ) in a pot and when it starts to boil add all the chopped vegetables, except the potatoes. Cook them for about 10 minutes over medium-high heat and whisk the sauce in the blender.
- Pour the sauce back into the pot, add the tomato paste, stir, then lentils and another 3 cups of water (750 ml). Cook over medium high heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the diced potatoes and cook over medium high heat for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are done. li>
- Add the oregano, paprika and salt, stir and cook for 5 more minutes.