Very good days! Today the first thing I have to say is that I am delighted with how well you have received the draw for the 30k on Instagram< /a>. The shirt is amazing, I knew you would love it. And you still have time to participate clicking here ! The draw closes on Monday, September 25, 2017.
On the other hand, another of the recipes that you have liked the most in the entire history of my Instagram is this pizza with a sweet potato and oatmeal base, accompanied by vegan cheese, a layer of lentils (yes, yes, lentils), portobello, onion and chilli pepper. You may be wondering why I thought of adding lentils to a pizza… Well, the thing is that in addition to the sweet potato being great with legumes, in this case lentils do what they do It is simulating a bolognese on the base of the pizza. It gives a different texture, but in a vegan version, healthy and without the need for textured soy.
1 cup oat flakes
1 sweet potato
1/3 cup water
1/8 cup olive oil olive
Mushrooms or portobello
Optional: 1 chilli pepper
Vegan cheese (I used the Violife brand for Pizzas, but you can use the potato cheese that I show you in this recipe)
Parsley in powder
We will need a baking tray, parchment paper and a food processor.
Step by step
- Peel and cut the raw sweet potato into small cubes and put it in the food processor. Then, we calculate 1/8 cup of olive oil and add it.
- Crush at maximum power until the sweet potato is even smaller pieces.
- With the sweet potato practically crushed, add the cup of oat flakes and stir well to allow the food processor to grind it well. Then, add the 1/3 cup of water and blend until smooth as possible.
- We remove it food processor and put it in a bowl. Add a pinch of oregano, onion powder, black pepper, salt and rosemary. We stir very well until it is homogeneous.
- Put the dough on a flat tray or round mold (with baking paper on) , ensuring that the thickness of the dough does not exceed 1 centimeter. If you use the flat tray, try to give it a rounded shape and outline the edges so that it fits well.
- Put it in the oven for about 30 minutes at 130 degrees, or until we see that the dough is dry and slightly crispy (but not yet toasty). The time may vary depending on the type of oven.
If in doubt, open the oven to check with a spoon how crispy or soft the dough is. Remember that this pizza dough does not have yeast, so there is no risk of spoiling it if we open the oven.
- While we dry the dough in the oven, we are going to prepare the rest of the ingredients: we will slice the mushrooms or portobello, the onion, the vegan cheese in thin layers (if you use store-bought, if you use the potato cheese just spread it on top) and the chilli, you are going to add it.
- When the dough Once it is dry, remove it from the oven. We leave the oven on and we prepare our vegan pizza: we put on top a little tomato sauce, oregano, a thin layer of lentils, the layer of vegan cheese, the onion, the mushrooms/portobello and some finely chopped spinach leaves .
- Add a pinch of salt, chopped parsley, another pinch of oregano and a drizzle of olive oil on top.
- Put it back in the oven and bake it for 35 minutes at 150º-180º, or until the cheese melts, the onion and mushrooms are golden brown.
- And that’s it!