Autumn is already noticeable even a little bit and warm things like soups, stews or comforting drinks are starting to feel like it. Hot chocolate is one of my favorites, since I was little it has not been lacking in my house, but in general my family used to use the typical pills that are added to milk to make a thick chocolate. The downside is that these types of pills are full of white sugar and are not particularly healthy, especially for everyday use, but we can prepare a healthy version at home with very few ingredients. We don’t usually make it thick because we like it that way, but if you want you can add cornstarch or some starch to thicken it.
- 1 taza de leche de almendras sin endulzar (250 ml)*
- 2 cucharadas de sirope de agave**
- 2 cucharaditas de cacao en polvo sin azúcar***
- 1/2 cucharadita de canela en polvo
- Put the milk in a saucepan and cook over high heat until hot, but not boiling.
- Remove the milk from the heat and add the rest of the ingredients.
- We mix until everything is well integrated.
- If you want you can use a milk whisk to make foam, although it is optional .
- We love it this way, but if you want it thicker you can add cornstarch or any starch to thicken it.
- We serve the chocolate in a cup and decorate it as we like. We put a little cocoa powder on it and put a cinnamon stick on it.
* You can use any vegetable milk a>. If you use a sweetened non-dairy milk, taste the chocolate before adding any sweetener and add it little by little.
** Or any other natural sweetener.
*** You can also use raw cocoa or carob, although the quantity varies.