Potatoes are my favorite side dish and that’s why I couldn’t miss a recipe with potatoes for Christmas. I had this one on my to-do list, but I was hesitant to make it because it is usually made with butter, margarine, or a large amount of oil. Suddenly one day I remembered how delicious our pan de Low Fat Vegan Garlic and thought I could use the sauce to make a low fat version.
- 1 diente de ajo
- 2 cucharadas de tahini
- 2 cucharadas de agua
- 1/4 cucharadita de sal
- 1 puñado de perejil
- 4 patatas (900 g ó 2 libras)
- Preheat oven to 180º or 350ºF.
- Blend all ingredients (except potatoes) in a blender or food processor. Set aside.
- Wash the potatoes and do not peel them. Make parallel cuts every 1/2 cm (or 1/4 inch), but do not go all the way down. It is easier if you put a wooden spoon to act as a stop for the knife. I recommend you take a look at the third photo to get an idea.
- Place the potatoes on a tray, pour in the sauce and bake for 60-70 minutes or until the potatoes are done.
- You can serve them directly with some chopped parsley on top (optional). They are also very tasty with a little vegan parmesan.
- Vegan Hasselback Potatoes can be kept in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- If you want you can add a little salt to taste to the potatoes in addition to the sauce.