Galets are a type of pasta that is characterized by its shell shape. In Catalonia they are one of the quintessential Christmas dishes, and are traditionally filled with minced meat. We, of course, have veganized them with a mixture of wheat gluten, garlic, parsley and a touch of anise.
As I did with the cannelloni recipe, with this galets soup I have dared to veganize a new dish that is traditionally prepared with meat. Now gastronomy purists will be able to burn me twice: for veganizing the recipe and for putting the “pilota” inside the galets. span>
- 1 l. + 75 ml. of vegetable broth
- 100 gr. of crackers
- 60 gr. of wheat gluten
- 30 ml. of red wine
- 1 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp minced garlic and parsley
- 1 pinch of anise powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- In a bowl, mix the wheat gluten with 75 ml. of broth, wine, breadcrumbs, minced garlic and parsley, anise and salt. Let’s mix until we form a dough.
- We take portions of the previous dough and fill the galets.
- Put the broth on the fire and when it starts to boil add the stuffed galets and let them cook for 10 minutes.
- Like any soup, we serve it freshly made so that the paste is not passed.