As I mentioned in the previous recipe for vegan hollandaise sauce, I really wanted to prepare some eggs Benedict vegan, a very typical American brunch recipe that can also be eaten for breakfast.
Traditional Eggs Benedict are made with an English muffin (although toast or other bread can also be used), ham, bacon or pastrami, poached eggs, and hollandaise sauce.
- You can toast the bread or not, you you choose.
- Place about 3-4 slices of tempeh bacon on each slice of bread.
- Cook the tofu on the grill with a little oil or as such until browned on both sides and place a slice of tofu on each slice of bread. Sprinkle a bit of black salt or Kala Namak on top for an egg flavor.
- Finally, sprinkle with vegan hollandaise sauce to taste. We garnish our vegan Eggs Benedict with some chopped chives (optional).
- Serve immediately. You can store leftovers separately in airtight containers in the fridge for about 4-5 days.
- Use English muffins or whatever type of bread you have on hand.
- You can also use our aubergine bacon if you prefer a lighter recipe or buy the vegan bacon already made.
- Yes no find black salt or Kala Namak, substitute any kind of salt.
- Cooking time does not include the time it takes to prepare the bacon and sauce.
- Chives are an optional ingredient that can be removed or substituted with parsley or any other fresh herb.
- The actual amount of sodium is less since not all of the marinade is consumed.