Before, I always used to prepare the same salad: tomato (which was often not ripe), Iceberg lettuce, onion and little else. It’s normal that I didn’t like salads and that they seemed like a monotonous and boring dish. With all the fruits and vegetables that exist, why do we always use the same ones? It is important to vary the ingredients of our salads to take advantage of seasonal products, get a greater variety of nutrients and not get bored.
I love trying new dishes and getting out of my comfort zone, that’s why I decided to prepare this vegan coleslaw. It is a very special and different salad that basically consists of finely chopping the cabbage and adding other ingredients such as carrots, red cabbage, apple or pineapple.
- 1/4 de col blanca
- 1/4 de lombarda
- 2 zanahorias grandes
- 2 manzanas
Para el aliño:
- 8 cucharadas de tahini crudo
- 4 cucharadas de zumo de limón
- 2 cucharadas de sirope de arce
- 2 cucharadas de salsa de soja o tamari
- 2 cucharadas de agua
- Spiralize the vegetables (see photos and the tips I’ve put above to make it easier for you). If you don’t have a Spirali, you can use a knife and chop the vegetables very finely.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in a bowl or glass.
< li id="instruction-step-3">Place the vegetables in a large bowl, add the dressing and stir.