Today I want to show you a delicious vegan alternative to traditional yogurt. It is much healthier, the content of probiotics (which are beneficial bacteria for your intestine) is higher and no calf or cow has to suffer. Everything is advantages! The only drawback is its price, because it is made with fresh coconuts and unfortunately they are not as cheap as other ingredients, but if you can afford them or they are affordable in your area, you have to try this recipe. If not, you can do as I do and enjoy it from time to time to give yourself a tribute. Another option is to make soy yogurt, it’s also very tasty.
Yogurt is made with milk to which good bacteria for our digestive system are added and often some type of thickener is also added so that it is not so liquid. The bad thing about commercial yogurts is that they are often so processed that the amount of bacteria is not very high and we do not take full advantage of their beneficial effects. The good thing about this yogurt is that it is not exposed to heat and is completely homemade, so it is much more nutritious.
- 3/4 taza de carne de coco fresco (175 g)
- 2 cucharadas de agua de coco
- 1 cucharadita de zumo de limón
- 2 cápsulas de probióticos
- When the coconut is open (in the advice section I tell you how), pour the coconut water into a container and do not throw it away, it is the best water you can drink, it is very tasty and very nutritious. Scoop out the coconut meat with the help of a spoon, wash it and remove any traces of coconut shell that it may have.
- Put the coconut meat in the blender together with coconut water and lemon juice and beat until you get a yogurt consistency. If it’s too thick, add more coconut water.
- Pour the yogurt into a bowl, add the contents of 2 probiotic capsules (discard the container, add only the dust that they bring inside) and stir well.
- Cover with a gauze or cloth and let stand for at least 12 hours in a dark and dry place. After that time you can take your time yogurt or put it in the fridge for a while so that it is fresh and richer.
- Use a machete or a knife with a wide blade to open the coconuts. Place the coconut on a firm surface (for example, the kitchen counter or a sturdy table) and tap it sharply to form a square. Take your hands off the coconut to avoid disappointment.
- If you don’t get probiotics, you can make the yogurt with just the coconut, it will have the same texture, but the taste will be slightly different and it won’t have the same properties. li>