I promise you that this vegan chocolate cake will make your mouth water. You won’t be able to resist! It is made with simple ingredients and, in addition to being delicious, it is sweet and has a delicious chocolate flavor.
This vegan cake works wonderfully as a birthday cake or to celebrate a special occasion. It has a dense and smooth texture at the same time and is finger licking good. You will tell me what you think!
Para la tarta de chocolate:
- 1 taza y 1/2 de leche vegetal sin endulzar (360 ml), yo usé leche de soja
- 4 cucharaditas de vinagre de manzana o zumo de limón
- 2 tazas harina de trigo (250 g)
- 1 taza y 1/2 de azúcar (300 g)
- 3/4 taza de cacao en polvo sin endulzar (65 mg)
- 1 cucharadita y 1/2 de levadura en polvo o polvo de hornear
- 1 cucharadita y 1/2 de bicarbonato
- 1 cucharadita de sal
- 1/2 taza de aceite (120 ml), yo usé aceite de canola
- 3/4 taza de compota de manzana (185 g)
- 1 cucharada de extracto de vainilla
Para el frosting vegano de chocolate:
- 1 taza de mantequilla vegana (220 g)
- 3 tazas de azúcar glas (360 g)
- 1/2 taza de cacao en polvo sin endulzar (45 g)
- 2 cucharaditas de extracto de vainilla
- 1/4 cucharadita de sal
Para el topping (opcional):
- 0.5 onzas (15 gramos) de chocolate negro, rallado
- Preheat oven to 350ºF or 180ºC. Grease two 9-inch (23-cm) round pans. I also line them with parchment paper.
- Mix the non-dairy milk and vinegar in a bowl until well combined. Let the mixture sit at room temperature for at least 5 minutes. After this time, the milk will curdle.
- Meanwhile, put the dry ingredients in a large bowl (flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt) and stir until well combined.
- Add the oil, applesauce, vanilla extract, and non-dairy milk-vinegar mixture and stir until smooth. obtain a homogeneous dough.
- Divide the dough evenly between the two pans.
- Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely before covering them with the chocolate frosting. If you don’t have a wire rack, you can spread them out on two plates.
For the vegan chocolate frosting:
- Add all the frosting ingredients in an electric mixer and beat until well integrated and have a creamy and fluffy texture. Start beating at low speed and go up little by little. You can also beat with a hand mixer.
- If the frosting is too thick or lumpy, add a little more non-dairy milk. On the other hand, if there is too much liquid left, sprinkle with icing sugar until you get a creamy texture.
- Use a spatula or knife to cover the vegan chocolate cake with the vegan frosting, adding a thicker layer between the two layers.
- Cut and serve your vegan chocolate cake with a hot drink such as golden milk, matcha latte or turmeric latte. Ideally, the pie should be refrigerated for 30 minutes before serving, but this is optional.
- Store leftover vegan pie in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3 or 5 days. It can also be stored in the freezer for a maximum of 1 month, but in that case you would have to freeze the cake without the frosting and cover it once thawed.
- This vegan chocolate cake recipe can also be used to make cupcakes. To make it, fill 3/4 of the cupcake liners and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- If you want to make a vegan single-tier cake, simply divide the ingredient amounts in half .
- For a healthier version of your vegan chocolate cake, omit the frosting.
- This vegan cake recipe can be made with any type of non-dairy milk, type almond milk, cashew milk< /a>, oat milk, rice milk or coconut milk, but soy milk is my favorite for this type of recipe.
- You can use any type of salt, oil or sugar.
- Apple sauce can be substituted for 3 flax eggs, but compote is the best option.