I promise you that next week I will bring you a salty recipe.
Good morning everyone! I don’t know what’s happening to me these weeks but I just realized that lately I’ve only uploaded sweet recipes, but I already have the recipe for next Saturday in mind and you’re going to love it. What if. It is salty.
But without anticipating this Saturday’s recipe any further, today I bring you a vegan version of the «Milkshake», which is basically a milk-based shake (in this case almond milk). ) which usually contains chocolate, ice cream or different fruits. Today we are going to make a potpourri of all three: this vegan milkshake contains cocoa and homemade fruit-based ice cream: banana and cherries. To this we are going to add the toppings: I chose the ones you are already used to seeing, because they are my favorites: chocolate chips and cubed almonds. In addition, as you can see, I also used a waffle cone that is usually used in ice creams, to give it a different and fun touch . I bought these at Mercadona and they are 100% vegetable and do not contain palm oil, but beware, because they have several versions and the others do contain ingredients of animal origin. As always, you can choose your favorite flavours: if, for example, you have access to cherries or you don’t like them, you can substitute strawberries, raspberries, blueberries… Give it a little imagination! Remember that all the recipes that I upload can be varied according to your personal tastes or the ingredients that you can access in your country.
4 Ripe Bananas (the riper they are, the sweeter they are)
3 tablespoons of Cocoa (I recommend a sweet cocoa, one that is soluble, otherwise it can be bitter)
1/2 cup of Cherries
4 ounces of Chocolate (without milk)
1 cup of Plant Milk (I used Almond)
Optional: a pinch of cinnamon
Optional: Almond cubes, chocolate pieces and more cherries as a topping.
Step by step
- The first step will be to freeze the 4 bananas and the 1/2 cup of cherries, in pieces, for at least 2 hours .
- Meanwhile , we are going to melt the chocolate to create the bottom and the sides with frozen chocolate. To do this, we take the 4 ounces of chocolate and, together with a very small splash of non-dairy milk, we put it in a pot and keep it over low heat, stirring constantly, until it melts completely.
Try it. If your chocolate is too bitter, it can ruin your Vegan Milkshake. If you think it necessary, add some sweetener to the chocolate.
- When it is already melted, turn off the heat and with the help of a spoon we impregnate the entire bottom and the lower sides of our glass with the chocolate.
- Also, optionally, we can let a little chocolate drip into the mouth of the glass, as I show you in the photo above. Then, we keep it in the fridge.
- When we already have the frozen fruits, we distribute the Bananas in two equal parts. Next, we take one of the halves and pour it over a container to crush. To this container we add the 3 tablespoons of cocoa, a pinch of cinnamon (optional), and 1/3 cup of non-dairy milk.
The non-dairy milk will facilitate the crushing, in addition to giving it a creamier and more liquid consistency, like the real milkshake. You can add more or less vegetable milk depending on the preferences of each one, but if it is too liquid, the different flavors will not be able to differentiate themselves by layers, and everything will mix. Also, if we want to add any sweetener: dates, syrup… Now is the time.
- With the hand blender, blend everything until it is as homogeneous as possible. Then, we pour it into the glass and reserve it again in the fridge.
- Now we are going to prepare the cherry part following the same procedure: we pour the rest of the banana into a mash container and mix it with the cherries and 1/3 cup of non-dairy milk. If necessary, we add some sweetener. Blend everything until it is as homogeneous as possible.
- Remove our vegan chocolate milkshake from the fridge and pour the cherry layer on top.
- To finish , on top, we add the toppings that we like the most: chocolate chips, almond pieces… And that’s it! It is important to serve the Milkshake very cold.