Good morning! I’m back with a recipe that is undoubtedly the favorite sweet of many: a cheesecake in a vegan version. A slightly more elaborate recipe for special days.
The other day I was having dinner at Khambú, a vegan restaurant in Valencia, and for dessert we tried their cheesecake. So I inadvertently got hooked again on a sweet that I hadn’t tried in years. Cheesecake has long been my favorite dessert, but it’s not easy to find a vegan cheesecake in restaurants .
200 grams of cashews (better if they are raw, but nothing happens if they are not)
200 grams of peeled hazelnuts
300 ml of canned coconut milk (not brick)
200 grams of vegan cheese (I used the Veganeso brand because it has a sweet aftertaste, read the instructions above)
4 tbsp. Agave syrup tureens
1 pinch of cinnamon
Step by step
- We will start by cooking the cashews in plenty of water for about 45 minutes. They can also be soaked overnight (8 hours).
- Meanwhile, grind the 200 grams of hazelnuts and the 13 dates. We mix them together with the cinnamon, until we get a homogeneous and dense paste.
- We pour it into the mould.
- Moisten a spoon with a little water and press the dough until it adapts to the mould. (Soaking the spoon is to prevent it from sticking, so you can soak it as many times as necessary).
- When the cashews are well cooked, remove them from the pot and rinse them under cold water .
- Then, we pour them into the mold together with the 300 ml of coconut milk, the juice of half a lemon, 3 tablespoons of agave syrup and 200 grams of vegan cheese.
- Crush well until the cream is homogeneous and taste. It’s time to add more sweetener or vegan cheese for flavor. For me, the quantities that I have given you originally are perfect, but the ideal is that you do it to your liking.
- When the cream is ready, we place it inside the mold and put the mold in the freezer for 30 minutes. minutes.
- Remove the mold from the freezer, unmold and apply the jam to taste! And ready. You already have your vegan cheesecake ready. Remember to store it in the fridge afterwards! (not in the freezer).