We are back! We’ve had a busy couple of weeks so we haven’t updated the blog, but here we are again, with lots of yummy recipes we can’t wait to show you, like these vegan carrot cupcakes. We already published this recipe in its day in a normal version, in fact, it was one of the first ones that we shared, but we have improved them, making a vegan version that is even richer.
These cupcakes are made with whole wheat flour, but you can also use spelled flour, rye flour, or even make a gluten-free version. Generally there are usually no problems if you substitute the flours of a recipe for others that you have at home, although you may have to add more or less liquid because each flour behaves differently, the good thing is that you can rectify on the fly by adding more flour if the dough is very liquid or more liquid if it is very dense.
- 2 cucharadas de semillas de lino + 6 cucharadas de agua
- 1 1/3 tazas de harina de trigo integral (160 g)
- 1 cucharadita de levadura química
- 1/2 cucharadita de bicarbonato
- 1/2 cucharadita de canela
- 1/4 cucharadita de jengibre
- 1/4 cucharadita de nuez moscada
- 1/2 taza de aceite de oliva virgen extra (100 g)
- 3/4 taza de azúcar moreno o de coco (120 g)
- 2 cucharadas de leche de soja
- 1 cucharadita de extracto de vainilla (opcional)
- 2/3 taza de zanahoria rallada (150 g)
Para el frosting:
- Nata para montar de soja
- Sirope de chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC or 320 ºF.
- Place the flaxseeds and water in a blender. Whisk and pour the mixture into a glass or cup.
- In a bowl add the wholemeal flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg . Mix with the help of a spoon.
- In another bowl add the oil, sugar, flax-water mixture, milk and vanilla extract. Add the grated carrot. Finally, add the dry ingredients little by little until there is a homogeneous mixture.
- Place the capsules or pieces of paper in the cupcake mold and distribute the mixture, trying not to fill them more than ⅔ full.
- Place cupcake pan in oven and place on wire rack. If your oven has three positions, place it in the center one, if it has more, in the one just below the center one.
- Bake the cupcakes for about 20 or 25 minutes, depending on the oven, in my oven they are ready in 22 minutes. You can prick the cupcakes with a stick and if it comes out dry, they are done. Try not to open the oven before time and if possible after 18 or 20 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool before frosting and before eating.
- Spoon the whipped soy cream and chocolate syrup on top, or the frosting of your choice. To assemble the soy cream, I recommend that you put it in the fridge or freezer a while before (better the day before) so that it is cold, as well as the bowl you are going to use and also the rods, so it will be easier to assemble. If it does not whip well or if you have forgotten to do the previous step, you can put a bowl of ice under the bowl in which you are going to whip the cream and use a rod mixer.